Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is a great recipe to throw together on a busy weeknight and still get the kids to eat their veggies. Rich and creamy, the whole family is going to love this recipe!
Broccoli Cheese Soup
It’s soup season and there is not better friend to have in the kitchen than your instant pot!
I love a rich, thick, and creamy soup. Especially one filled with veggies that makes me feel better about indulging.
Using a pressure cooker means you get the slow simmered flavor but in a fraction of the time. I don’t know about you but when soup is on the menu, I want it fast!
This recipe for instant pot broccoli cheese soup is just what you need when you have soup on the brain.
And for me, that is all the time!
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup Ingredients
- olive oil
- heavy cream
- cheddar cheese
How do you melt cheese in broccoli cheese soup?
Make sure and use cheese from a block that you grate yourself. The pre-shredded cheese is coated with anti-caking agents which inhibits melting.
Looking for more leftover worthy dishes? Follow LTB on Pinterest and pin to a board!
How do I make soup in my instant pot? It’s super easy and way quicker and gives you the slow simmered flavor.
How do you make Broccoli Cheddar Soup from scratch?
ONE: Turn the instant pot on sauté. Cook the olive oil and onion until almost clear. Add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds or until fragrant.
TWO: Add the broccoli and broth. Stir to combine. Close the lid on the pressure cooker make sure the vent is closed.
Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release steam and remove the lid.
THREE: With an immersion blender or regular blender, purée the broccoli soup until evenly combined.
FOUR: Stir in the cream and add the cheese until combined. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with more broccoli and shaved cheese.
For the full recipe and detailed baking instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post.
Is Broccoli Cheese Soup bad for you?
Most recipes are full of cheese, cream, and fat. This version can be altered to fit many dietary restrictions and make it healthier too.
What goes with Broccoli Cheddar Soup?
Serve this is a delicious chopped salad or a hunk of crusty bread!
How do you thicken Broccoli Cheddar Soup?
I like to use my immersion blender to blend this soup. This gives it a smooth and creamy texture.
If you want it thicker, you can lose less broth or mix in a simple cornstarch broth mixture toward the end of cooking.
How long is leftover Broccoli Cheese Soup good for?
This soup will last for a few days in the refrigerator in an air tight container. Freeze it for up to 3 months.
Tips for No Leftovers
- Top it with roasted broccoli florets, parmesan cheese or sour cream.
- Want to use frozen broccoli? Increase the cooking time to 10 minutes instead of 5.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for more tang.
- Use sharp cheddar instead of milk for more cheese flavor.
- Add a dash of hot sauce or red pepper flakes for hint of heat.
- Make it vegan by using vegan cheese, substituting almond milk for the cream, and vegetable broth instead of chicken.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and use as a garnish on top.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This instant pot broccoli soup is easy to put together and will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 5 Cups broccoli florets
- 3 ½ Cups broth
- ¾ Cup heavy cream
- ¾ Cup mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the instant pot on the sauté setting. Add the olive oil and onion and cook until translucent, around 4 minutes. Add the garlic clove and sauté for 30 seconds more or until fragrant.
- Mix in the broccoli florets and broth and stir to incorporate. Close the lid and valve and set on high pressure for 5 minutes. Manually release steam and open the lid and valve.
- With the help of an immersion blender, puree the broccoli until evenly combined. Add the heavy cream and cheese and stir to incorporate.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- garlic chicken pasta
- broccoli grape salad
- cream of chicken soup
- chicken broccoli stir fry
- skillet chicken pot pie
LeftoversThenBreakfast.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encourages and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.