Glazed Carrots are an easy to make side dish that will fit any budget. Inexpensive, healthy, and colorful, these tender carrots make the perfect side dish for any meal in less than 10 minutes!
Honey Glazed Carrots
Even though I have eaten a ton of carrots in my life, my eyesight is not that great LOL. (Thanks MOM!)
But I don’t eat carrots just because my mom tells me to, I just love them!
Do you love carrots like I do? Then you will love these glazed carrots.
A delicious and easy side dish that pairs perfectly with just about any dish. But you can also eat them as a main dish if you are so inclined.
Meatless Monday Superhero!
- olive oil
- brown sugar
- spices & garnishes
Looking for more leftover worthy dishes? Follow LTB on Pinterest and pin to a board!
How to make Glazed Carrots
One: Melt butter and oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add sliced carrots.
Two: Add brown sugar, honey, and garlic and toss to coat the carrots.
Three: Cook, stirring often, until carrots are tender. Roughly 8-10 minutes.
Four: Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
For the full recipe and detailed baking instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post.
What to serve with carrots?
What is the best way to soften carrots?
Steaming or cooking covered in a pot are the quickest ways to soften them. Don’t toss them in the microwave or they will dry out.
How long do you boil carrots for?
Roughly 8 minutes if the carrots are sliced 1/4 inch thick or less.
Can you cook them a day ahead?
A great thing about carrots is that they hold up really well! You can certainly cook your carrots a day or two ahead of time and then simply reheat when ready to serve.
What is the healthiest way to to cook carrots?
Cooking in a pan, stove top, such as sautéing is the best way to cook carrots. It doesn’t require a ton of extra fats or oils!
Tips for No Leftovers
- Add the butter and brown sugar before the carrots and allow the butter to melt and the sugar to dissolve. This will make it easier to coat the carrots.
- Store the cooked carrots in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- If you don’t want to use sliced carrots, you can always use baby carrots. Just be sure to cut them in half.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving if you want to add some tartness.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This Glazed Carrots Recipe is super tasty and will be a new staple in your side dish rotation!
- 2 pounds carrots (peeled & sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic (smashed and minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Add sliced carrots, brown sugar, honey and garlic to a medium sized frying pan. Stir to combine and coat the carrots.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Recipes
LeftoversThenBreakfast.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encourages and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.